César Grosso, 32 years old, also known as Cesinha, borned in Brazil, was first introduced to climbing still in high school, 1995.
After almost 18 years, his training routine is intense: 28 hours per week fully dedicated to the sport, through 9 periods varying from 3 to 5 hours each. Included in his schedule are cross training activities such as running (~30 miles per week), complementary strengthening exercises (physical therapy 3 hours per week), gym workouts (twice a week) and, of course, a lot of climbing.
Moreover, Cesar follows a careful diet. Being a graduated Nutritionist since 2006, and post graduated in exercise physiology, he also works in the sports area building up a strong reputation as a consultant for nutritional support and guidance to high performance athletes. He was also the personal nutritionist of Patxi Usobiaga, in the year we won the World Championship.
And now living in Arco, Italy to improve his climbing and participate of more stages of IFSC Worldcup.
Best results in Brazil and South America:
- 6 Times Brazilian Champion (Lead)
- 4 Times Brazilian Champion (Boulder)
- South American Champion (Venezuela, Lead, 2008)
- Vice South American Champion (Venezuela, Boulder, 2008)
- Vice pan american champion (Equator, Boulder, 2010)
- 2 Times Champion of “The North Face – Master Bouldering” (Chile, 2008 and 2012, with Daniel Woods and Yuji Hirayama)
- 15th IFSC Climbing Worldcup (Lead, Barcelona, 2009) – best position of a latin american climber in lead in a Worldcup.
- 20th IFSC Climbing Worldcup (Lead, Puurs, BEL, 2007)
- 26th IFSC World Climbing Championship (Boulder, Arco, ITA, 2011) – best position of a latin american climber in boulder in a World Championship.
- 36th IFSC World Climbing Championship (Lead, Arco, ITA, 2011) – best position of a latin american climber in lead in a World Championship.
- 2 place in Coppa Italia (stage of Verona, 2013)
- 5th place on the Italian Championship (Turin, 2013)
Climb in rock:
- Mr. Bill (red point) at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (5,14a)
- Directa Challenge (red point) at Valle Encantado, Argentina (5,14b)
- Chapa Quente (on sight) at Rio de Janeiro (5,13c)
- Ziquezira (on sight) at Rio de Janeiro (5,13c)
- Salinas (v12/13) São Bento do Sapucaí, Brazil
- Jericó (v12) Ubatuba, Brazil